SBL Verbascum Thapsus
Common Name: Verbascum thapsus, Great Mullein
Tincture is prepared from fresh plant at the commencement of flowering.
"Mullein Oil" is prepared by placing the crushed yellow blossoms in a bottle, which is corked and allowed to stand in the sun (Cushing), or by steeping the blossoms in oil and keeping in a warm place till the oil has absorbed them.
Causes & Symptoms for SBL Verbascum Thapsus
- Verbascum Thapsis is useful in catarrh and bronchitis.
- There is soreness in pharynx and cough during sleep. Cough is worse at night.
- Verbascum Thapsis also helps in hoarseness of voice when the voice is harsh and sounds like a trumpet.
- Verbascum Thapsis also helps in facial neuralgia affecting zygoma and temporo-maxillary joint and ear particularly of left side with lachrymation, coryza and sensation as if parts were crushed with tongs.
- Pain seems to come in flashes and is excited by least movement, occurring periodically at same hour in morning and afternoon each day is relieved by Verbascum Thapsis.
- Vertigo: when pressing one (left) cheek while supporting the head, sudden, as from pressure on whole head.
- Verbascum Thapsus relieves Headache, with a forcing outwards at forehead.
- Verbascum Thapsus is useful in complaint of Tearing in ears, sometimes when eating, with lancinations.
- Sensation as if ear were drawn inwards.
- It is also useful in Deafness as from stoppage of ear.
- Oil of Mullein (Verb. ol.) relieves earache at once.
- Sensation of stoppage of larynx and ears.
- Profuse coryza from frontal sinuses, with hot, burning, profuse lachrymation.
Face and Teeth
- Facial neuralgia (especially caused and worse by a change of temperature), generally with stupefying, pressive or tensive pains, principally in cheek-bones, and commencing from maxillary joint, worse by clenching teeth, and by external pressure.
- It relieves Violent pressure in left malar bone and zygoma.
- Shootings in the cheek-bones, with dull pressure.
- Toothache, with tearing pain in the molars.
- Pinching pressing pain on lower side of jaw.
Stomach and Abdomen
- Regurgitation of insipid serum.
- Empty, or else bitter risings, with nausea.
- It is useful in Frequent hiccough, Aching of stomach.
- Cuttings and shootings in left hypochondrium.
- Pains in abdomen, which extend deeply downwards, with want to evacuate, and spasmodic contraction of anus.
- It relieves Pinchings and gripings in abdomen.
- Verbascum Thapsus is indicated for Shootings in abdomen, principally in umbilical region, sometimes tearing and tending downwards.
- Sensation as if intestines had adhered to umbilical region, and were torn away.
Stool and Anus
- It is useful in diarrhoea, griping, much pain as if pierced with a lance through inside of left ankle-joint, pain in both cheekbones and above eyebrows, menses came on early this time, and she has coughed a good deal.
- Suppressed evacuation, Faeces hard, like sheep-dung, and expelled with effort.
- Sensation of obstruction in the larynx and nose, with hoarseness when reading aloud, deep voice.
- Catarrh, with hoarseness and stuffed chest.
- Cough especially in evening, and at night, when sleeping, generally rough and dry, or hollow and dull.
- Dry, hoarse cough worse at night.
- Frequent attacks of deep, hollow, hoarse cough, with sound like a trumpet, caused by tickling in larynx and chest.
- The cough is lessened as soon as the patient succeeds in taking a breath.
- Lancinations in the back and shoulder-blades is relieved by it.
- Backache worse from pressure.
- Verbascum Thapsus relieves Stitching in the limbs.
- Tearing pain in the shoulder, back of hand, and elbow is also relieved by it.
- Excessive heaviness and lassitude in legs and feet is relieved by Verbascum Thapsus.
- Cramp-like pressure in sole or right foot, while standing, disappears when walking.
- General indolence, and disposition to sleep, after rising in the morning.
- Verbascum Thapsus is helpful in Hemorrhoids, affections of the inner navel region, obstruction from induration of stool.
- It relieves Darting pains in inner parts, want of perspiration.
- Worse When sitting, from change of temperature.
- Better On rising from a sitting posture.
- Tearings, sometimes lancinating, in different parts (going downwards) is relieved by it.
Side effects of SBL Verbascum Thapsus
There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.
Dosage and rules while taking SBL Verbascum Thapsus
Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Terms and Conditions
Homeopathic products have several uses and should be taken on the basis of symptom similarity. Results may vary depending upon the conditions.