Common Name: Spigelia anthelmia, Demerara Pink-root
Tincture is prepares from dried herb.
Causes & Symptoms for Spigelia
- Spigelia Anthelmia has marked action on eye pain and chronic catarrh. Usually the left eye is affected.
- Eyes feel too large for the orbit. There is violent pain in the eyes of pressing type on turning the eyes. Pupils dilated with severe pain in and around eyes. Eye balls are sensitive to touch. The pain is worse from touch, motion, noise, turning the eyes, from cold, damp and rainy weather.
- Spigelia Anthelmia is also indicated in neuralgia of trigeminal nerve of left side. Left sided eye, left orbit, left malar bone and left sided teeth gets affected.
- Pain is shooting, burning and tearing type.
- Spigelia Anthelmia also helps in toothache from tobacco smoking. Sharp, stabbing, sticking, tearing pain, very sensitive to touch.
- Spigelia Anthelmia also helps in headache from abuse of tobacco.
- Left sided headache, starts at the base of brain, spreading over the head and finally located in left eye, orbit and temple of the left side.
Spigelia relieves Giddiness when looking downwards, Vertigo, to such an extent as to fall down when walking, standing, or looking down.
Headache beginning in cerebellum, morning, spreading over left side of head, causing violent and pulsating pain in left temple and over left eye, with stitches in left eye, returning periodically is well relieved by Spigelia.
There are Stitches on the left side of the head and out of the left eye.
It is useful in Neuralgia of eyes, especially where there is great soreness, and can scarcely bear a touch, affections of the eyeball, eyelids, optic nerve.
Spigelia relieves Dry heat and burning sensation in eyes.
Contraction and involuntary movement of eyes, Squint can be checked by it.
Spigelia relieves Itching in nose, with tickling.
Frequent sneezing, discharge of bloody mucus is relieved by Spigelia.
Mucus at one time white, at another time yellow, is discharged from nose, at same time much mucus is discharged from mouth indicate this remedy.
Spigelia is useful in Sore throat, with lancinations and swelling in palate.
There is Discharge of mucus from fauces all day, most from posterior nares.
Stomach and Abdomen
Spigelia is useful in Nausea (in the morning) when fasting, with a sensation as if something were ascending from stomach into throat.
Spigelia relieves Colic, with pinching pains, cuttings (from worms) in the umbilical region, with shivering, diarrhoea, and copious secretion of urine.
There is Painful pressure in lower abdomen, as if it would burst, especially in evening before a soft stool, sometimes better after.
Stool and Anus
There is Frequent, urgent, and ineffectual want to evacuate.
Liquid diarrhoea of fecal matter and of mucus is checked by Spigelia.
It is well indicated in Diarrhoea, with pinchings in abdomen and coldness in body.
It is indicated in Sudden and involuntary dribbling of urine, with burning sensation in anterior part of urethra.
Spigelia is useful in checking Discharge of prostatic fluid from the urethra.
Spigelia is useful in Catarrh, with hoarseness, continual discharge of mucus from nose, dry heat without thirst, prominent eyes, distressing headache, and disposition to weep.
Cough in open air, with pain in chest as from excoriation is relieved by Spigelia.
Spigelia is indicated for Dry cough, violent and hollow, caused by irritation low down in trachea, with respiration obstructed, even to suffocation.
Spigelia relieves aching at the chest, with painful oppression.
Spasmodic sensation in chest, proceeding from pit of stomach and causing choking is relieves by it.
It is useful in Tensive lancinations in chest, especially when drawing breath.
Spigelia relieves Drawing, tearing, twitching pains in limbs and joints.
The limbs are affected mostly when walking.
Spigelia relieves Heaviness and trembling of arms.
Pale, wrinkled skin of body. There is Painful sensibility of entire skin when touched.
Spigelia is useful in Painful glandular swellings.
It is also helpful in Red pimples, with pain, as from excoriation, when touched.
Dosage and rules while taking Spigelia
Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
Terms and Conditions
Homeopathic products have several uses and should be taken on the basis of symptom similarity. Results may vary depending upon the conditions.