Bromium chiefly helps in treating respiratory problems. It is useful in chronic cold with corrosive soreness of nose. Pressure at the root of the nose with stoppage of right nostril. Sneezing from inhaling dust. It is also useful in dry cough with hoarseness and burning pain behind sternum. Cough spasmodic with rattling mucus. Every inspiration causes cough. Cold sensation while taking in breath. It is also useful in respiratory troubles of sailors.
Bromium is also useful in diptheria with formation of diptheric membrane starting in bronchi, trachea, or larynx and extending upwards. Chest pain runs upwards. Membranous and diptheric croup with much rattling of mucus during cough but no choking.
Bromium is also indicated in glandular affections when there is stony hard, or tuberculous swelling of glands especially on lower jaw and throat. It is also useful in swelling of testicles with pains worse on slightest jar. It also has action on tumour of breats with stitching pain, worse on left side and on pressure. Pain extending from breasts to axillae (arm pits).
Bromium seems to affect especially scrofulous children with enlarged glands. Bromium is well suited to blond type with enlarged parotid glands that are the salivary glands in animals and humans present in front of your ears and goiter (enlarged thyroid gland). Bromium also has the tendency to spasmodic attacks, left-sided mumps, sense of suffocation and excoriating discharges. Bromium patient also complain of profuse sweats and great weakness. Bromium has complaints from being over-heated and there is also tendency to infiltrate glands that become hard, but seldom suppurate.
- Cheerful; lively disposition.
- In the evening, when alone, feels as if he should see something if he should turn around; as if someone behind him.
-Delusions strange persons looking over his shoulder; that he would see someone on turning.
- Nervous excitement; quarrelsome.
- Hysteria from suppressed sexual desire.
- Biting nails.
- Weakness with aversion to every kind of work; indifferent and tired; sad and discouraged.
- Sits alone in her room without doing anything; looks constantly in one direction without saying anything.
- Affects glands: parotid, sub maxillary, thyroid, testes and ovaries.
- GLANDS SWOLLEN, (STONY) HARD but painless, NO SUPPURATION.
- Lot of RESPIRATORY symptoms, esp. of larynx and trachea.
- Worse HEAT, summer, change from cold to warm, LEFT SIDE.
- Better in SEASIDE, violent motion.
- Emaciation and weakness. History of tuberculosis.
- Pain aggravated on left side, drinking milk.
- Headache; worse heat of sun and by rapid motion. Sharp pain through eyes.
- Dizzy when crossing stream of water
- Chronic, obstinate coryza, with rawness.
- Stoppage of right nostril. Pressure at root of nose.
- Tickling, smarting in nose as from cobwebs.
- Bleeding from nose relieving the chest.
- SWELLING OF PAROTID, SUBMAXILLARY GLAND, worse on LEFT.
- INDURATED CERVICAL GLANDS, LIKE STONES.
Larynx and Throat
- Hoarseness. Croup and constriction in larynx.
- Cold sensation on breathing.
- Throat feels raw, evening, with hoarseness.
- Tonsils pain on swallowing, deep red, with network of dilated blood vessels.
- Tickling in trachea during inspiration. Hoarseness coming on from being overheated.
- ASTHMA in sailors who come ashore, Better on seaside, Worse by dust, inspiration difficult.
- Sensation as if air-passages full of smoke, dust, fur.
- Difficult and painful breathing.
- Violent cramping of chest. Chest pains run upward.
- Cold sensation when inspiring. Every inspiration provokes cough.
- Hypertrophy of heart from gymnastics. Fibrous bronchitis, great dyspnoea. Bronchial tubes feel filled with smoke.
- Dry; hoarse; suffocative cough worse by swallowing, dust/smoke, overheating.
- Whooping cough (Use persistently for about ten days). Dry cough, with hoarseness and burning pain behind sternum.
- Spasmodic cough, with rattling of mucus in the larynx; suffocative. Hoarseness
- Pneumonia with epistaxis (nose bleeding)
Terms and Conditions
Homeopathic products have several uses and should be taken on the basis of symptom similarity. Results may vary depending upon the conditions.